
My Uncle Charles (my Dad's brother) passed away on August 30th. I think of him often, my Aunt Chloe, and cousins; Amy, Cody, Charli, and their families as well. I know what a loss it is to lose Charles. He was sick for a long time, and so strong through it all. It was such a blessing to be able to see him the day before he passed. He was amazing; reminiscing, laughing, joking, and just being himself through the pain. What a tribute his visitation and funeral were!! Over 1000 people came to pay their respects to Charles and his family. They were obviously very well thought of, but I already knew that!! What I'll remember the most, is that all of us cousins sang together at his funeral. We sang "This World is Not My Home", and I felt so close to everyone at that moment. His spirit is still alive in our hearts, and when Allie gets here, I can't wait to tell her all about him!! Uncle Charles loved nick names, and he has passed on the tradition to Allie. He loved calling her Allie-Gator already. So when you hear me calling her that, that's where it all began. I find comfort in thinking that Granny Norma, Dad, Uncle Ted, and now Uncle Charles are together again.









1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your uncle- he sounds like a really amazing guy! And to answer your question- YES I have been unable to sleep. Right now, for instance, it is midnight and I am exhausted from the week but can't sleep! Even when I fall asleep I wake up every two hours to use the bathroom, get a snack, or just roll over. I feel your pain!!! Can't wait until we meet our little ones and have a better reason to not get any sleep :)
Post a Comment