Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August Already

Today is August 1st already. With all the summer birthdays, quick lake trips, and working, the summer has really flown by. Now it's time for me to update you on Michael's new job. Around the middle of June, Michael accepted a graphic design position for MiTek (a building components industry). They gave Michael a position that hadn't been created before. Therefore causing a lot of anxiety and pressure regarding their expectations of him. He has been there for about 6 weeks now and working on his first project. I am so proud of him; he is so talented and goal oriented, that even though his heart is not fully in this yet, he is still going to produce an exceptional design layout for their existing software.

Let me tell you where his heart is right now...

This past spring, he participated in the Citizens Police Academy...and loved it!! He learned a lot about the police department, went on tours of it, enjoyed the shooting range, and went on ride-alongs with police officers. He gets so excited just thinking about joining the Police Academy. So, if graphic design doesn't quite work out, I may have my very own Barney Fife on my hands, (look out Sheriff Andy Taylor!).

This was Michael graduating from the 13 week course. I took these pictures with my cell phone!! Technology sure is amazing.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I could totally see him as a police man! Keep us updated on the job thing!! :)

M Ingram said...

Congratulations on completing your course Mike. I think that becoming a police officer would be a great and honorable thing! You should make the most of who you are and what you would like to do!!

Anonymous said...

Great cell phone pictures!!!!........who would've 'thunk it'??? Great subject too!! Our best wishes for your future endeavors. Love, Mom K

Anonymous said...

Just another reason to eat doughnuts.
KE