Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Now I Knit

While I was growing up, my Mom would crochet potholders and afghans. I remember trying to learn, but not being very successful. I could take it or leave it back then. About two years ago something sparked in me and I wanted to give it another try. I started crocheting by learning from a book. Then, I wanted to learn to knit. So, I picked up another "how to" book, and with the help of a great website, www.knittinghelp.com, I went nuts! I absolutely love it. I love to knit and crochet scarves, hats, sweaters, booties, blankets, toys, purses, and socks (though I haven't quite mastered socks yet). These are some of the projects I have finished. I am constantly downloading free patterns and stocking up on yarn. I drive Michael crazy with my pile of 'in progress' projects next to my recliner. Hopefully someday I'll have little ones of my own to knit for!!



































5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am in AWE!! I can't believe all your projects! Too cute. I love the bag to hold all your needles. My problem is my boys think they are really cool swords! EEK! I have just taken it back up about 3 months ago when a gal at the library started having a knit club. I have 1/2 scarf started so far. These are great, keep sharing your projects!! Miss you lots!!

Courtney

Carolyn said...

You are so talented - everything is absolutely beautiful!

Your Favorite Sis-in-Law (on Mike's side),
Carolyn

Angie said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. I just think anyone can knit if I can do it!! It is fun to knit for my nieces and nephews.

Becky said...

I love all of your stuff! What is the green hoodie with the bows???? I might pay you to make one of those for Grace this fall!! :)

Morgan and Jamie said...

You are soo talented!! Your things are beautiful! And we just love our blanket and use it often...it stays on his glider and when he wakes up mid-night or I am trying to get him down for nap, that is the one we choose to snuggle and prepare for good sleep with!! Hope to see you this weekend!!