Monday, October 6, 2008

Nostalgia

When I was visiting my family a few weeks ago, my brother, Kelley, loaded my car up with boxes of my stuff he had been storing for me all this time. In those boxes were pictures and memorabilia from our childhood. Mom and I had a blast looking through the pictures, drawings, cards, and everything else she had kept. I just couldn't wait to share them on my blog. Since it is October now, I thought these pictures were appropriate and might spark some great costume ideas!!


This is my brother Carl Gene on the left, I'm in the middle, and my brother, Kelley, on the right. I'm not sure what Gene is, an old man, if I had to guess. Notice that I am a Fireman (every little girl's dream costume), and Kelley is having to hold his devil's beard on, and I'm not sure what his horns are made of, but I'm sure they are homemade. It also looks as if Kelley has worn that devils costume a few years back as well, since his jeans are sticking out about 6 inches from the plastic pants... This picture makes us laugh so hard we cry when we all get together!!




This is Gene and Kelley. You'll notice that clown costume has a lot of miles on it. It was so cute and comfortable. I believe our Aunt Mary had made it for her boys, and it was passed on to us. Thank goodness it was passed on to us, who knows what we would've been if it wasn't a clown!!




This is Kelley and Gene again. Looks like the same vest Kelley has on from the previous year, also seems to fit him a little better. I love the windbreaker on under the vest, and the hood up under the hat!! Good job Mom!! I think Gene is a baby, not sure if he is supposed to be a girl or boy baby though.




Me and Kelley. We did get some great use out of the clown costume. I can remember Mom making my hat that year from construction paper. Kelley, can you see out of that hood? Kelley was expecting a serious load of candy with that shopping bag in hand.



This one is great. I love Kelley's construction paper beard, mustache, and patch. At least it stays on by itself! I guess I wanted to be a clown again. I'm not sure where we kept that clown hat so it didn't get smashed from year to year!! Mom says we didn't have extra money to spend on costumes, and that sure is evident. However, we had some memorable Halloween nights, and some great trick-or-treating!! Those were great times, Mom.



I just love this story that Kelley wrote, I think he was in 3rd grade, since he wrote his name in cursive. Just as it was getting good, he wrote "And thats all I no." Too funny.

No comments: