Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Michael and I went to Chicago this last weekend. I had never been there before, and with the help of Carla (Mike's sister) and Patrick, we had a wonderful time. It was a bit cooler there than I had really expected, but we were prepared for that. The shopping was a blast. I have not walked that much before in three days. The public transportation system was the best way to get around, I used my map a lot!! The big city life is neat and exciting, but I'm glad to be back home.


We rode the Amtrak for the first time. It was so easy and fast!! I wish it went from St. Louis to Springfield!! I'd go home every weekend!!





We visited the Polish town in Chicago. It was a lot of fun. The people were so nice and helpful. It was fun to listen to them speak in Polish, we just wish we could've understood what they were saying!! It was great to experience the culture that Michael is from.



We loved the Polish store!!




We ate authentic Polish cuisine at the Red Apple Restaurant. It was very good, I tried some things I have never had before in my life!! We met several Polish people there, most of them have only been in America a few years. Kasha, our waitress, was so sweet and friendly.



The Navy Pier was fun...freezing, but fun!!




I loved the back drop!!

On Monday, we went to the NBC studios to catch a Jerry Springer show!! That was interesting to say the least. I'm still not sure if it is fake or not. It felt rehearsed and over acted, but it was an experience to remember!! We actually got to sit pretty close to the front, I would've preferred to be in the back. I'm in the isle seat, and next to Jerry a few too many times!! So, someday when your flipping through the channels, you might catch a glimpse of us on TV. Our parents must be so proud!!

3 comments:

Thresa said...

I am so glad you saw Jerry. When we went our episode was fake. We caught the people who were fighting on stage chatting backstage during commercials, but it was fun. Now I won't be alone when I say I've been to a Jerry taping, I can say "so has Angie!" Ha

Let me know when your show airs. I will flip over that day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great 'wintery' time!! Good pictures. I hope no one sees you on the Jerry Springer show........ Love, Mom

Carpenter's said...

Too funny about going to the Jerry show! :) I would be afraid to sit up close for fear of being fallen on or something thrown at me. We are headed there sometime in June I can't wait to see you guys! Miss you.