Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pregnancy Philosophy

I'm 38 weeks now, and the countdown has officially begun. 13 days until Allie's actual due date. Unfortunately, I have not had any signs of labor, except maybe a contraction here or there, but they are so mild I'm not even sure they're contractions. As a labor nurse, I would always be appalled at the girls who would come in at 35 weeks or so griping and crying ready to have their babies. I would get on my soap box and preach that a healthy pregnancy is 40 weeks. Blah, Blah, Blah!!! Funny how things are different when it comes to yourself!!

Seriously, I can hang in there a couple more weeks, but I wouldn't be disappointed if she decided to come any day now. I really can't complain about this pregnancy. It has not been bad at all. I was only nauseous in the first several weeks, and I haven't been real sick since. I have some tightening in my hands and feet, but no real swelling. My blood pressure and blood sugar have been normal. My weight gain is right on track. I'm up 28 pounds and will be glad to not gain any more in the next two weeks. I have not missed a day of work due to this pregnancy and I'm still working my 3-4 twelve hour night shifts a week. My OB doctor is fine with that since I'm hanging in there so well, plus if I have a problem I can always put myself on the monitors at work!! As my doctor so eloquently put it, we might have to evict someone soon if I don't go on my own! Again, as a labor nurse, I do not want to be induced. However, if at 41 weeks, and still no progress, I will probably be begging for an induction.

I will miss the pull on pants, and justification for eating a pack of E.L. Fudge cookies and white powdered donuts in 24 hrs.

1 comment:

Carpenter's said...

You are too cute! I am super excited for you guys to be parents! It is the best feeling in the world and you both are going to be FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to see her. Miss you guys!