Monday, February 7, 2011

Time for Change!

It's about time I updated my blog! I've been playing around on http://shabbyblogs.com/ and love all of the fun designs they have...for free! So here is the debut of my new blog face lift!

I'm afraid Facebook is stealing all of my time and picture updates. I'll admit, it is SO easy to upload on there. So, unfortunately my beloved blog has taken the back burner for some time now.

Things have certainly changed since my last post. Where to even start! Well, Allie is almost 15 months old now and so curious, smart, beautiful, fun, ornery, and the newest love of my life! She makes me laugh every day. She has been taking my tiny black Bible to church now (the one I've had since 1983 when I was 5) and she loves it. It made it into her crib one day last week and Mike found her "reading" it in the dark! She loves books, purses, and baby dolls. She says "Mama" most of the time, sometimes "Dada", and "Duh" for duck and dog. She can roar like a lion very well, in fact at most everyone she sees. That is her and Daddy's call to each other.

Also, we are expecting another girl in June. We are so excited and nervous about having these two in diapers at the same time. I had planned on waiting till now to start trying for another, but as fate would have it we are about 5 months ahead of my schedule! I am following up with Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists this time because of Allie's heart defect. They are keeping an eye on this baby's heart development more closely. I actually have another ultrasound this Tuesday to look at her heart again. I'm 22 weeks now, and so far we've had nothing but good reviews! We haven't came up with a name I am satisfied with, we might even wait till we see her first! Funny how different baby number two is compared to the first!

Other than Allie, Mike, doctor's appointments, housework, and work keeping me busy, things are just sailing along around here.

I do have a friend I've been thinking about a lot lately. Her name is Courtney and I have a link to her blog to the right. She is a young wife and mother to 3 darling children. She was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She is now going through chemo and probably will have surgery in the near future. I mention her here so that she will be remembered in your prayers. Her first round of chemo really wiped her out, but she is so optimistic and such an inspiration to me!

Well, I can't have a post without pictures, so to follow are some recent pics of you know who!!


This was on the Amtrak to Chicago for her birthday.



I love the hair!





At Shedd's Aquarium.


Christmas Eve.


Christmas Day, what fun it was this year!



There's that face that makes me laugh!

1 comment:

Carpenter's said...

Oh my gosh she is sooo cute!!!!! Girls are soo much fun and I am super excited for you guys about your other baby girl. Thanks for mentioning me that was very sweet. I am feeling good today and my kiddos make the days go faster :) Miss you guys!!!!!!