Thursday, January 7, 2010

Granddad Quentin

http://www.fohnfuneralhome.com/index.cfm

My grandfather, Quentin Epperly, was laid to rest on January 5th. He was 90 years old. He was an amazing man. I have so many wonderful memories of him through out my child hood. He helped to build a church in Shell Knob, MO, and probably shouldn't have been on the roof as much as he was (it wasn't that long ago!). He was always a part of the Church, and for that I am truly grateful. He was a great carpenter and wood worker. He was always a hard worker. He had a wonderful smile. He lived in his own house until very recently when his health started to fade. We celebrated his 90th birthday last March, and Michael and I went to his house after the party to tell him we were pregnant. I wasn't very far along, and didn't want to tell everyone just yet, but we wanted Granddad to know. He was able to spread the news to my aunts and uncles shortly after he found out!! Because of the weather and with Allie being so dependent on me right now, we weren't able to travel to Cassville, MO for the funeral, and for that I am quite sad. He will be greatly missed. I'm so glad Michael was able to meet Granddad as well. We will have quite a lot to tell Allie about him!!









No comments: